tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Aug 20 16:58:39 2004

Re: Klingon WOTD: wej (adv)

QeS lagh ([email protected])

ghItlhpu' De'vID:

>The difference in stress is a good point.  Now, do we know
>how the following sentences are stressed?
><wej vIlegh> "I don't see him/her/them yet"
><wej vIlegh> "I see three (of them)"
>Can we infer anything from TKD or the tapes about where the
>stress falls on each of the above sentences?

Unfortunately, I don't own the tapes, so I can't make any judgements based
on those. But just going from the stress descriptions in TKD, I suspect that
these sentences would be true homophones, even suprasegmentally. Does {wej},
in either of its forms, appear on the tapes?

QeS lagh

not nItoj Hemey ngo' juppu' qan je
     - Ubykh Hol vIttlhegh

Protect your inbox from harmful viruses with new ninemsn Premium. Go to
http://ninemsn.com.au/premium/landing.asp?banner=emailtag&referrer=hotmail

Back to archive top level