tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Aug 14 05:33:55 2004

Re: peqIm! Charley?

ngabwI' ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol po'wI']

----- Original Message -----
From: "Karen L Wood" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Saturday, August 14, 2004 5:08 AM
Subject: RE: peqIm! Charley?

> >ngabwI':
> >HIvtaHvIS Charley, jIDach. naDev jevqu'choH, vaj De'wI'wIj vIchu'Ha'nIS.
> >
> >jotqa'DI' Hoch, jIchegh.
> >
> Karen Wood:
> I obviously assume that this was about hurricane Charley..... could you
send
> it to me in both english  and Klingon?

I was letting the list know that I would be absent for a little bit, because
of Charley. I said:
"While Charley's attacking, I'll be absent. It's really beginning to storm
around here, so I need to turn off my computer. When everything's calm
again, I'll be back."

{jIchegh, loyHa'mo' muD Dotlh tejpu'. chan ghoS Charley, vaj naDev loQ jev
neH. 'ach Sarasota HIvchu'. Hegh wa'.}

"I'm back, because the weatherpeople guessed incorrectly. Charley swung to
the east, so it only stormed here a little. But it walloped Sarasota. One
person died."

--ngabwI'
Beginners' Grammarian
Klingon Language Institute