tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Aug 09 16:17:34 2004

Re: Vegas

...Paul ([email protected]) [KLI Member]

On Mon, 9 Aug 2004, Bill Johnson wrote:
> <reH beHompu' ngeD chuch DItujaj>

You're missing some glottal stops:

reH be'Hompu' ngeD chuch DItu'jaj
"May we always find them ices of easy girls."

Not sure what to make of this one.  :)  I think the biggest problem, aside
from perhaps /chuch/ not being what you wanted, is that "easy" in the
English phrase "easy woman" is not what /ngeD/ means.  It's an idiom in
English, so it doesn't really translate.

> Later, while insulting each other, we came up with.
>
> <pe'DIl SoSoylI' yIngagh>

I don't have /pe'DIl/ in my dictionary.  Did you mean /pe'vIl/
"forcefully"?  "You mate with your dear mother forcefully."?

As far as the grammar goes, the latter is definitely correct grammar,
presuming /pe'DIl/ is, in fact, supposed to be the adverb /pe'vIl/.

Not sure what you were aiming for with the first one, to tell you how far
off you are.  :)

...Paul

 **        Have a question that reality just can't answer?        **
   "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."
                         -- Albert Einstein

Back to archive top level