tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Apr 23 06:53:42 2004

Re: Probability

From: <[email protected]>
> wIghelbe'chugh, chay' Holvam wIghojlaHta'?
> jang neHbe'chugh SuStel, vaj jangnISbe',
> 'ach DochnISbe' je! pIj tetlhvamDaq ta'pu' 'e' vItu'pu'. qatlh?

Oh, gimme a break!  I'm all for learning, probing, and questioning, but the
intent of this thread has been to try to find a single formulaic way to
express probabilities.  That's not a particularly useful or helpful thing to
do.  Learn to express your concepts, not translate the way English does
something.  Different concepts may require different constructions.

I'm sorry I don't have THE way to express probability in Klingon.  What's
wrong with a bunch of different ways, depending on the situation?  Why is
this such a horrible alternative?

SuStel
Stardate 4310.9

Back to archive top level