tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Sep 20 14:40:10 2003

Re: Things happen Or: One person's opinion

Agnieszka Solska ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol po'wI']

lab captain kalaa:

>Someone posted to my message board to ask how to
>translate into tlhIngan-Hol  "s**t happens" .

SIv ...Paul:

>What are we really saying with the idiom "Poop Happens"?  We're conveying
>the idea that a) bad things happen, and b) sometimes we can't prevent it
>from happening, perhaps also c) bad things will happen due to no fault of
>our own.

qechmeyvam muchmeH chaq vIttlhegh lulo'laH vay':
   rut yIHmey ghom Hoch.

Perhaps these ideas could be conveyed by the proverb:
   Everyone encounters tribbles occasionally.

'ISqu'