tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Sep 19 09:53:57 2003

Re: [tlhingan-hol] Re: tay naH

Krenath vestai-Veska ([email protected])

I misremembered it as being used to describe something as 'resembling a
na'ran in that it is red/orange'.

The example you mention is the one I was likely thinking of, though it
mentioned the comparison for illustrating resembling a na'ran in flavor
instead.

At 12:19 AM 9/19/03 +0200, you wrote:
>Krenath vestai-Veska:
> >>You'll find references to the na'ran in such things as using "na'ran rur"
> >>to clarify a particular share of Doq (red/orange) which resembles the
> >>fruit [....] Although we know its approximate color [...]
>
>Voragh:
> >Actually, we don't.  AFAIK Okrand has never said what color a {na'ran} is,
> >only that its juice is sweet.
>
>jaj 18.09.2003 17:58:35, ghItlh Krenath vestai-Veska:
> >Ahh.  I misremembered which example was used for describing the color
> >orange, probably colored (heh) by my mentally associating na'ran with
> naranja.
>
>Actually, the example which you remembered {na'ran rur} really exists.
>
>This stands for the idea of sweet like an orange, or literally "resembles
>a naran". We are told in
>KGT85 that this is probably "the closest equivalent to "sweet".
>A naran is "a fruit whose juice is sometimes added to sauces as a contrast
>to the other flavors"
>
>Quvar.

Back to archive top level