tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Sep 16 21:27:33 2003

Re: An error (qep'a' wa'maHDIch)

cheesbro ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol po'wI']

> Did any other grammatical revelations or new vocabulary come out of this
> year's qep'a'?

Once in a while here we would have discussions about when exactly the point of
completion occurs in relation to a timestamp or -taHvIS.

wejHu' vIHoHta'.

Did I kill him BEFORE three days ago?  (possibly)
Could I have done the killing ON that day (three days ago)?  Yes.

Some people (including myself), thought that the -ta' had to be true at any
point in time of that day.  At one second after midnight, -ta' would mean that
the killing took place before three days ago.  //- But without specifying that
precise time -//, you have until 2359 on that day for the event to become -ta'.

Is this understandable?

qep'a' wa'maHDIch, Saturday night, some time after midnight; so I guess
technically that would be Sunday morning.

DloraH

Back to archive top level