tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Sep 13 08:46:15 2003

Re: KLBC love

Lieven (Quvar valer) ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol ghojwI']

Am 13.09.2003 14:08:07, schrieb "Agnieszka Solska" <[email protected]>:

>lab Quvar:
>
>>{bang} is not the idea of "love" in general, it means "loved one", and this
>>includes all persons you love, parents or neighbors.
>
>bIna''a', Quvaroy {{;-) ?

ghobe'. I believe that I already explained it in an other message: I somehow mixed up the chapters.
But now after being pointed at, I see the difference.

>That's what I assumed, too, until a few months ago a friend of mine pointed
>out that my assumption might be wrong.

Anyway, a very interesting explanation.

>I agree that it is very tempting to assume that the relatively new word
>{parmaqqay} ? I think we only got it because of that episode of DS9 - can
>refer only to your "significant othey" while the old word {bang} is broader

Maybe we should take it literally?
   {yIqIm, bangwI' -- tugh chegh parmaqqaywI'!}  ;-)

Quvar.

Back to archive top level