tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Sep 11 07:38:12 2003

Re: Star Trek Killer?

Scott Willis ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol po'wI']

> QaStaHvlS wa'ram LoS SaD Hugh SlijlaH qetbogh loD

I've seen this before, on another board.
This is supposed to be:

{qaStaHvIS wa' ram, loSSaD Hugh SIjlaH qetbogh loD}
lit. "While one night happens, a man which runs can slit 4000 throats"
"Four thousand throats may be cut in a single night by a running man"

The English comes from the TOS episode "Day of the Dove" (I forget the
specifics.)
It was translated by Dr Okrand, and included in TKW.
(It might also be in TKD, with the useful phrases. I haven't my materials
with me.)

--ngabwI'
HovpoH juHDaq:
http://web.tampabay.rr.com/ngabwi/