tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Sep 02 15:48:31 2003

Missing lines from ST5 [was Re: Klingon WOTD: poSmoH (v)]

[Thought I'd re-post my own reply with a new Subject for those who don't
read the Words of the Day. -- Voragh]

Voragh:
> >  yIvbeHlIj neH DapoSmoH vIneH.
> >  The only thing I want you to open is your blouse. (ST5 notes)

naHQun:
>I know that this line was not included in the final movie,
>but do we know in what context it was going to be?
>
>For example
>
>   Romulan female: We should open negotiations
>   Klingon: yIvbeHlIj neH DapoSmoH vIneH.
>   (used as an insulting reply)
>
>or as
>
>   I want you to open your blouse, but not your pants

I assume the former.

Lawrence Schoen published Okrand's notes for Klingon lines (and English
subtitles) from an earlier draft of the ST5 script which were omitted in
the final cut in HolQeD 8.4.  IIRC they were presented in order, but
without context.   Here they are marked by [square brackets]:

[Korrd: DungDaq legh 'ej QotnIStaH romuluSngan be'pu'
          Romulan women belong on their backs!]
          (Hmm... Should this be {DubDaq}??  [Voragh])

[Korrd: yIvbeHlIj neH DapoSmoH vIneH
         The only thing I want you to open is your blouse.]

[Korrd: pImlaw' romuluSngan be' porgh
         I've heard Romulan women are different.]

------------------

[Klaa: logh veQDaq bachchugh, yoH 'e' toblaHbe' SuvwI'.]
        (Shooting space garbage is no test of a warrior's mettle.)
N.B. This is the line Klaa should have said!

------------------

[Krell: tlh'a' HoD, nImbuS wej yIghoS.  vubpu' jonta' HeSwI'.  wa' vub ghaH
tlhIngan
         gharwI''e'.  wa' ghaH tera'ngan'e'.  mImQo'.  DaH Heraj
yIchoH.  batlh tlhIngan
         Segh yIHub.  Qapla'
         Captain Klaa, proceed to Nimbus III. A criminal has succeeded in
taking hostages.
         One hostage is a Klingon diplomat. One is a Terran. One is a
Romulan. Do not
         delay. Alter your course now. Defend the Klingon race with honor.
Success.]

[Vixis: DIvI' Se' wI'IjtaHvIS DaH ngoqDe' wIHevta'.
         We've just received an encoded message on the Federation frequency.]

[Vixis: yIntaHvIS qIrq DuHbe' roj. jonlu'meH wo'maj pop tIn law' Hoch tIn puS
         "There will be no peace as long as Kirk lives." Our Empire's highest
          bounty has been placed on his head.]

[Klaa:  jemS tIy qIrq. loDHom jIHDI' qIrq qun vIqImchoH. ghotvam Ho'lu'.
'ej muSlu'.
         James T. Kirk. I've followed his history since I was a boy. A man
to admire...
         and hate.]

[Vixis: Qapla', HoDwI'
         Success, my captain.]

[Klaa:  He pagh-pagh-vagh-jav-pagh-jav yInab
         (Plot course 0.0.5.6.0.6.)]

------------------

[Vixis: 'entepray' Hub patmey luchu'be'lu'pu'.  HoD, naDev maH 'e' luSovbe'
         Enterprise defense systems are down. Captain, they don't know we're
         here.]
[Klaa:  tugh luSovbej
         They will in a moment.]

[Korrd: yIjonHa'