tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Oct 20 12:26:23 2003

RE: {-be'} and {be'}

...Paul ([email protected]) [KLI Member]

On Mon, 20 Oct 2003, Lawrence Schoen wrote:
> The association she's making is the wrong one. Not that women are
> negative, but rather that women have the power of negation. Or more
> simply, they're the ones who get to say "no."

This made me think of another idea, which is that the female is the
opposite of male, and the suffix effectively provides an opposite of the
norm.  Not that either is any lesser; they mirror the concept of yin and
yang.

...Paul

 **        Have a question that reality just can't answer?        **
              "No matter where you go, there you are."

Back to archive top level