tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Oct 18 08:33:57 2003

{-be'} and {be'}

Scott Willis ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol po'wI']

I am in communication with a woman who believes that Klingon is, by nature, sexist. I've managed to shoot down most of her arguments, but she still has one crutch: That the suffix of negation ({-be'}) and the noun for "female" ({be'}) are identical. She believes that this indicates that Okrand is secretly a misogynist, and that's why he chose those syllables. Before breaking off communications with her, I would like to put this to rest. Has anyone ever asked Okrand this question, and if so, does anyone know what his answer was?

--ngabwI'
tIq. taQ. tlhIngan tlhaq. HovpoH!
http://web.tampabay.rr.com/ngabwi/
HovpoH 700678.4