tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Nov 26 03:51:54 2003

Re: Klingon WOTD: cheH (v)

Lieven L. Litaer (Quvar) ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol ghojwI']

jaj 19.11.2003 rep 23:49:38, ghItlh Steven Boozer <[email protected]>:

>>   cheH romuluSngan *Alidar Jarok* Sa'.  tlhIngan wo' muv/toy' ghaH.
>>   "Romulan General Alidar Jarok defected.  He joined/serves the Klingon
>> Empire."
>
>Gen. Jarok is a defector {cheHwI'} and is now in the Klingon Empire.

That's what I meant to say.

>>   tlhIngan HIvDujDaq toy' wa' romuluSngan. cheHwI' ghaH
>>   "One romulan serves on a klingon attack-cruiser. He has defected"
>
>This Romulan is not a defector {cheHwI'}, but rather a traitor
>{maghwI'/'urwI'/bolwI'} and/or a spy {ghoqwI'}.

Why not? He's not serving the Rompire any more, but he's serving on a klingon ship.
I wrote this sentence in the meaning "He left the romulans and now helps the klingons"

cheHwI' ghaH'a' wo'rIv?
"Is Worf a defector?"

He's not a traitor, nor a spy, but he's a klingon working with humans, sometimes even against klingons.
He has laid down with his prey.
(okay, it was not his decision, since he was a child)

Quvar.

Back to archive top level