tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Nov 14 15:49:42 2003

Re: naDev jIH...

>ghunchu'wI':
> > ... toH, DaH ponglIj vIghov.

Senara:
>jIghel vIneH: ghorgh mu' "ghov" vIlo', 'ej ghorgh mu' "qaw" vIlo'?

{ghov} "recognize"

   qamlIj vIghov
   I recognize your foot. KGT

   qablIj vIghov
   I recognize your face. KGT

{qaw} "remember"

   Daqawlu'
   you are remembered (someone/something remembers you) TKW

   Daqawlu'taH
   you are to be remembered TKD

   batlh Daqawlu'taH
   You will be remembered with honor. TKD & ST3

   reH 'uQvam vIqawtaH
   I will remember this dinner forever. PK

   bomDI' 'IwwIj qaqaw
   The memory of you sings in my blood.
   ("When my blood sings, I remember you"). TKW

   vay' DalarghDI' yIqaw
   Remember the scent. (i.e. "Learn from your experiences") TKW

   Qu' DataghDI' 'aqtu' mellota' je yIqaw
   When you begin a mission, remember Aktuh and Mellota. TKW

   When taking a table's order, the {jabwI'} neither writes anything
   down nor enters data into a computer. It is considered the duty
   of the {jabwI'} to remember ({qaw}) the choices and to bring the
   correct food, and servers tend to be quite skilled at this. On the
   rare occasion when the {jabwI'} has remembered incorrectly ({qawHa'}),
   the patron may reject ({lajQo'}) the dish. If the patron rejects a
   dish that the server believes has been properly remembered, however,
   the misunderstanding could develop into minor combat.  [KGT 101f.]

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons

Back to archive top level