tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Nov 11 11:38:35 2003

Re: Klingon WOTD: bIraqlul (n)

>This is the Klingon Word Of The Day for Saturday, November 8, 2003.
>
>Klingon word:   bIraqlul
>Part of Speech: noun
>Definition:     [brak'lul]
>
>Additional Notes:
>KGT.  The redundancy in Klingon body parts.

This is a term from Klingon physiology, heard in TNG "Ethics".  The Klingon
body incorporates multiple redundancies for nearly all vital bodily
functions. This characteristic gives Klingon warriors enormous resiliency
in battle since almost every function in their body is duplicated in case
any primary organ or system fails.  From various episodes we know that
Klingon have two livers {chej}, three lungs {tagh}, 23 ribs {joQ}, an
eight-chambered heart {tIq}, etc.

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons