tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Nov 04 11:32:04 2003

November Qo'noS QonoS

d'Armond Speers, Ph.D. ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol po'wI']

The November {Qo'noS QonoS} is now available for your reading pleasure.

/QQ/

And I have the pleasure of being the bearer of some really exciting
news.  Have you ever wished that you could read {Qo'noS QonoS} in
{pIqaD}, rather than our usual Roman orthography?  Mark has been looking
at ways to make this happen, and we're ready to open this up to the
public.  There are two different ways to make this happen, so read on.

If you have a good, Unicode-compliant web browser, and a Unicode font
installed that supports Klingon characters in the correct place of the
Private Use Area (PUA)*, then you can request any QQ page using that
font.  For example, with the current QQ:

/QQ/QQ0311.html?mode=UTF

Alternatively, if you have the KLIpIqaDmey font installed (available
from the KLI), and a browser that supports user's fonts, then you can
display the page using the KLIpIqaDmey font in this way:

/QQ/QQ0311.html?mode=XIFAN

These methods work with any QQ issue, not just the current one.
Enjoy!!  (All thanks and grateful prods with painsticks to ~mark for
putting this together for us.)

--Holtej 'utlh

* Two possible options:

1. Code2000 by James Kass (http://home.att.net/~jameskass/)