tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu May 29 06:23:16 2003

Re: QelvaD chab

Hold on, DloraH.  /neH/ can't just be placed anywhere in a sentence.  Page 56 of TKD explains that it must follow the verb.  So your sentence "puq neH vIlegh" wouldn't work.  What am I missing?

[email protected] wrote:> 'ay' mach vISop neH, ...
> I only had a small piece ...

Placement of /neH/ "merely, only":

puq vIlegh - I saw the child.

puq neH vIlegh - I saw only the child; I did't see anything/anyone else.

puq vIlegh neH - I only saw the child; I didn't talk to him, I didn't touch him.

DloraH

Glory to you, and to your House.
taHjaj wo'
Qapla'