tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu May 29 04:45:36 2003

Re: Hallmark BoP commercial

SuStel:
>And if you are correct, why isn't the definition of /vIH/ "motion, be in
>motion (v)"?
>
>My preferred interpretation is that /vIH/ means "move," in the sense of
>being in motion.  It is an action verb, not a quality verb.

Yes, you're right.
The distinction is "being in motion" opposed to the transitive verb "move s.th. frome here to there"
I think he added this phrase to make clear that it's an action verb.

Otherwise, it should be "move, be moving" Then, *qagh vIH* could work: "moving gagh".

Quvar.

Back to archive top level