tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun May 25 15:55:44 2003

RE: Australia (was "RE: Learning")

> > *Australia*Daq *Brisbane* Dab'a' tetlhvam jabbI'ID lulaDbogh tlhIngan
>Hol
> > jatlhwI'?...
> > (SKI: Are there any Klingon speakers subscribing to the list who live in
> > Brisbane, Australia?)
>
>DaH nuq Dab nIchyon?
>Where's Nick these days?
>
>Melbourne yejHaD Dablaw' (yejHaDDaq vumlaw').
>I believe he is at (works at) the University of Melbourne.
>
>BrisbaneDaq Sum'a' Melbourne?
>Is Melbourne anywhere near Brisbane?

Brisbane (FYI: pronounced "briz-bin", not "bris-bain" as so many Yanks seem
to think, heh) is north, capital of the state of Queensland; Melbourne
("mell-bin", not "Mell-born") is the capital of Victoria, in the south.
Right in between is New South Wales, capital: Sydney -- the only important
place in the whole country.  ;)  AND, capital of Australia, even though
everyone actually says Canberra ("Kan-brih") is; no one here really takes
Canberra seriously, heh -- just ask Billy Connolly, LOL.

Brisbane and Melbourne are about 20-25 hours drive apart, right down the
east coast, more or less.  In geographical terms, it would be somewhat
vaguely like going from to New York or Philadelphia to Miami.

--DantlhIgh

ninemsn Extra Storage is now available. No account expiration - no need to
worry about losing your Hotmail account. Go to
http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/home&pgmarket=en-au

Back to archive top level