tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun May 25 14:23:23 2003

RE: the glottal stop

> I taught a friend of mine,who has a Master's in Linguistics, a few Finnish
> phrases.  The other day he was practicing them, and even though he got all
> the sounds right, it still didn't sound right.  It didn't flow. He said it
> was an issue of improper suprasegmentals.  I wonder what suprasegmentals
> there are in Klingon.  What makes a Klingon sentence sound like a
> sentence rather than a series of individual words?

I've been learning Maori.  I said a sentence to my wife and she asked why
was I saying it like that, I said that's how the book says to say it.  When
a Maori speaks Maori, it sounds like they're leaving out half of the
letters, making it very hard for me to understand.

loQ QIch QIj TKD KGT je.  'ach tlhInganna'pu' lutu'be'lu'mo' not tlhIngan
QIch nIt DIQoy.

DloraH

Back to archive top level