tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed May 07 08:05:31 2003

Re: TKD out of order?

From: "David Hand" <[email protected]>

> I'm checking my transcription of TKD (using Sean Burke's excellent Perl
> module, Sort::ArbBiLex), and I find that the Klingon->English portion of
> TKD lists {nural} and {nuralngan} after {nup} but before {nuq}.
>
> This is an error, right?  I'm not getting confused and missing a rule
> somewhere?

It's an error.  There are lots of errors in TKD and the other sources.
Nobody ever said Marc Okrand or his typesetters were perfect.

Don't worry too much about out-of-order words.  The alphabetical order of
Klingon is simply a convention for look-up purposes.  Klingons do not follow
the same order.  The errors are on a small scale; if you don't find the word
you're looking for, scan the area of where it should be and you'll find it.

There are also typos and grammatical errors.

SuStel
Stardate 3347.1

Back to archive top level