tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu May 01 08:40:34 2003

Klingon documentary and the qep'a'

I've been approached by people who want to do a documentary on the KLI, and
more specifically on the KLI's translation of Hamlet. They are eager to join
us this summer at the qep'a', realizing what a rare and wondrous opportunity
this creates for them, and they have requested permission to film portions of
the conference and conduct interviews with various members, speakers, and
translators.

This does not appear to be a frivilous endeavor. I thought I'd share some
background details:

The Director/Executive Producer of the project is Alexandre O. Philippe. He
studied at NYU's Film School, where he earned both a BFA and an MFA in
Dramatic Writing. He has written, directed, and produced numerous plays in
New York City and San Francisco, and is currently putting the finishing
touches to his first feature-length documentary, which will screen at the
Cannes Film Market in May and premiere at the Denver Film Festival in
October. He has conducted numerous film and screenwriting workshops in New
York City and Denver for Young Playwrights, Lighthouse Writers, The
University of Denver, The Rocky Mountain College of Art & Design, The Denver
International Film Festival, The Boulder Asian Film Festival, The Vail Salon
Series, Colorado Youth at Risk, and The Denver Book Festival. In a few
months, he will officially be the director of the Screenwriters' Studio at
the Starz Film Center--a collaboration between Lighthouse Writers, The
University of Colorado, The Denver Film Society, and Starz Encore.

This is just part of the attention that we can expect for the qep'a'
wa'maHDIch. If you haven't already signed up to attend, now would be a good
time to do so. It's coming up fast!

Lawrence

Back to archive top level