tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Mar 17 06:45:21 2003

Re: KLBC sentences 3/13/03

> >toQDuj 'oH pagh'e'
> >The Qu'vat is a Bird of Prey.
>
> The Qu'vat, or the Pagh?  :-)

Definitely the Pagh. The Qu'vat is not a Bird of Prey as I realized later
and I amended the thIngan Hol sentence, but forgot to do it with the English
one as well.

> >pagh HoD jiH
> >I'm pagh's Captain.
>
> capital "I" in {jIH}
>
> >Enterprise QIH chaH
> >We will destroy the Enterprise.
>
> No, no, and no :-(
>
> 1. there is a Klingon spelling for "Enterprise": {'enterpray'}
> 2. {QIH} means "damage s.th.", {Qaw'} is "destroy"
> 3. {chaH} "they" - {maH} "we"
>
> Besides, to say "we (do) it", a prefix is used. In this case {wI-}
> Now that you have all the words, try again.

enterpray wIQaw maH
right?

> >Enterprise QIH chaH ra'meywI''e'
> >My orders are to destroy the Enterprise.
>
> {ra'} can only be used as a verb "order (somebody)", so it cannot take a
noun-pluralsuffix. Besides, the possessive
> suffix you used {-wI'} is for nouns capable of speech, but "an order"
cannot speak. And for the rest, see above.

After consulting my tlhIngan Hol material, I failed to find a noun that mean
"order". So I need to rephrase my sentence:
enterpray wIQaw 'e' mura' ra'wI'wI'
My commander ordered me to destroy the Enterprise.

Qapla'
chepqu' ne'

Back to archive top level