tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jun 23 08:39:42 2003

jIDach, 'ach jIHeghbe'bej!

jabbI'ID tetlhvamvo' jIDach, Qapbe'mo' *He qetwI'* (Roadrunner).
qaStaHvIS *Monday*, jIvemDI', Qapbe'.
juHwIj mup *muD 'ul* (lightning).
'ach, DaH Qap Hoch.

jIghel:
Can lightning {mup}? I've never been struck, but I ran into an electric fence once (long story), and it certainly felt like someone {mup}'ed the h**l out of me.
{mup} suggests to me a sudden, forceful closing of the space between two objects, with the object of the verb being stationary, and the subject closing the space.
I know lighninting doesn't do this, but it appears to. So does this use of {mup} strike (NPI) anyone as wrong?

--ngabwI'
HovpoH juHDaq:
http://web.tampabay.rr.com/ngabwi/
HovpoH 700197.9