tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jun 10 08:20:23 2003

Re: Assistance in translating

Quoting Tyler Fisher <[email protected]>:

> --- Manitoba98 <[email protected]> wrote:
> > Could someone assist me in translating these phrases
> > using the word "petaq" (I'm not sure about capitals
> > or ' s):
> >
> > My sibling is a petaq.
> > My siblings are petaqs.
> > My brother is a petaq.
> > My brothers are petaqs.
> > My sister is a petaq.
> > My sisters are petaqs.
> > You are a petaq.
> > You are petaqs.
> > He is a petaq.
> > She is a petaq.
> > They are petaqs.
> >
> > Thank you in advance.
> >

> First of all, it's spelled petaQ. Second, to indicate
> plural for beings capable of using language, you would
> use the suffix -pu'. (i.e., petaQpu')

Those are english sentences.  Yes, in klingon it could be petaQpu', or you
could leave off the optional plural suffix and say petaQ and still mean more
than one.  But in english... for more than one pizza we say pizzas, but that's
not how Italians say it.
Likewise in english we would say batleths instead of betleHmey.

DloraH

Back to archive top level