tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jul 24 11:27:20 2003

Re: no matter what happens...

I shall add to my last post.

>From: Lieven (Quvar valer) <[email protected]>
>The first part has four lines:
>
>if tribbles could tickle you;
>vulcans do laugh or not;
>no matter if someone survived khitomer or not;
>and even if the commander's nose is shiny:
>Trust your instincts!!
>
>the contents of this is not so important, we don't have to stick to the
>original text, it's just the idea
>that counts: "no matter what happens, trust your instincts!"
>
>I translated it with every line starting with {chaq} "perhaps":
>
>{chaq nIqotlh ...}
>{chaq qIDlaHbe' ...}
>etc.
>
>Now one could say that it's bad to have every line starting with the same
>word, I agree. But the
>songwriter said it's good for the sound of the song!
>
>Anyway, I'm interested to see your suggestions on how this idea can be
>translated in a better way.

DuqotlhlaHchugh yIH,
Haghchugh vulqangan,
QI'tomerDaq Heghchugh Hoch,
bochchugh ra'wI' ghIch . . .
ram ghu'; DujlIj yIvoqtaH!

I leave it as an exercise to the reader to make this rhyme.

SuStel
Stardate 3561.0