tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jul 19 23:34:47 2003

mu'IQmoH

Do'Ha'
qep'a'vamDaq jISaHlaHbe'law'
qaStaHvIS jajmeyvetlh leng pInwI'
Dach je latlh Qel
jIDachchugh je vaj vumqu' wa' Qel; loS Qel rur
qaStaHvIS "Saturday" jIvumchugh ghIq jImej vaj cha'maH rep jIpawDI'
qaStaHvIS wa'maH jav rep jISaHmeH jIlengtaHvIS $300 loS rep je
vInatlhnIS
'ej jISaHtaHvIS chaq qaStaHvIS jav rep jIQong 'ej pa'wIj vIDIlnIS
Qatlh
'ach wa' DuH tu'lu'
chaq qaStaHvIS "Friday" chegh pInwI'
qaStaHvIS "Saturday" vumqangchugh vaj qaStaHvIS loSmaH rep jISaHlaH
DaH lo'laH
ghaytan qaStaHvIS "Tuesday" mujang pInwI'

janSIy

Unfortunately, I will apparently not be able to attend this qep'a'.  My
boss will be traveling those days.  Another of the doctors will also be
out.  If I am also gone, then one doctor must do the work of four.  If I
leave after work on Saturday, then I won't arrive until 8pm.  In order
to attend for 16 hours, I must spend $300 and 4 hours traveling.  And I
may sleep for 6 of those hours and have to pay for my room. It is
difficult.  But, there is one possibility.  My boss may return on
Friday.  If he is willing to work on Saturday, I would be able to attend
for 40 hours.  Now it's valuable.  I'll probably find out on Tuesday.

Jeremy

P.S. While considering the title I came up with an interesting
construction.  I want to check my understanding with the experts.
<'IQmoHlu'> would mean, "Someone makes it sad," not, "Someone is
saddened," right?  And to extend this a little further, <vI'IQmoHlu'>
would mean, "Someone makes me sad (I am saddened)," right?  Other
grammar and style comments are also welcome.  J.C.

Back to archive top level