tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jul 16 07:56:06 2003

Re: Bad Klingon in Simpsons

> I just saw the WORST example of Klingon in a non-Paramount TV show. In the
> Sipmsons, the episode where Bart/Milhouse take over Comic book store.
> Comic Book Store Guy gets thrown out of Moes, says,
> "Lets see, is there a word in Klingon for lonliness? Ah yes, *gharDaq!*"
> Either they are v.v.v. stupid, or the think being "At diplomacy" is the
> meaning of lonliness.

This came out a couple years ago.  I saw the episode (east coast), quickly
posted to the list, and someone on the west coast set up to record the scene
and produced a sound file for us.  For those that haven't heard it yet, the
file can be found on my website:
http://www2.rpa.net/~cheesbro/de.htm

DloraH

Back to archive top level