tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jul 15 14:20:33 2003

RE: Klingon - Terminology Databases (IMHO)

ja' DloraH:
> teH.  <ghoj> jIjatlhbe'nIS.  'ach Hol luqeqlaHbej.  yaHlIjDaq mI' mu'
> DaqeqlaHbej.  'ej, 'ej ...

Ah! lu'! DaH jIQochbe'! DatDaq bIqeq. :) 'e' vISov 'ej yaHwIjDaq
juHwIjDaq DujwIjDaq pachDaq jIqeq. Daq tamDaq bIghoj 'ach DatDaq bIqeq.

> SoH qaHIvbe'.  DaH maja'chuqmeH tlhIngan Hol wIlo'.  QaQ ghu'vam.

qaHIv 'e' vIQubbe' :) ghu'wIj vIQIj :) 'ej HIja' DaH tlhIngan Hol vIlo' :)

> I do NOT accept this.  I understand that some people may have financial
> difficulties (and thus can't afford qep'a', etc).  But they can certainly skip
> that trip to McDonalds only a few times a YEAR.  Less than $1.50 a month (US).

I bought a membership for a friend because he couldn't afford it. He's 17,
lives at home, doesn't have a job because he is in school, loves the
language but his parents were both recently unemployed. Remember, it's not
1.50 a month, it's $15 in one go. For some of the people I know, that $15
means they won't starve that week. Many of us are well off enough to
afford these things, but I have heard from many Fans who can't afford to
buy TKD, let along pay out for HolQeD.. :(

> At first this is certainly true.  After they get familiar with the basics, they
> can start reading the other sections.

Yes, but thats a step that some people have a hard time getting over. The
first time I joined this list, way back in '93, I was scared out of my
yopwaH by the conversations going on. When you lack the confidence you
sometimes need a push.

> They could at least have their ship as a group subscribe and share the HolQeD.
> $1.50 a month split between a ship's crew; about 20 cents a month each.  Not
> bad, even if they are reading only Qov's section.

Hehe, my ship can't even split a pizza let alone a HolQeD ;)

qurgh

Back to archive top level