tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jul 14 13:40:31 2003

lespoHmo' manoy'qu'choH

This past weekend I attended the 25th year of Baltimore's
premiere media convention, Shore Leave. I met with a few KLI
members and other Klingon speakers, but with the qep'a' just
weeks away there weren't very many on hand.

I also did a panel on Klingon language and culture with a couple
Star Trek authors and the actor who portrayed Martok, J.G.
Hertzler. After the panel, Hertzler and I went off to a private
suite and met up with a film crew. It seems he's got the job of
gathering the "extra material" for the upcoming anniversary
re-release of the film Star Trek VI on DVD. Hertzler is quite
interested in the language, and I spent a good thirty minutes on
camera speaking about Klingon with him. How much will actually
get used is anyone's guess, though probably very little of it.
That's the way it is with the film biz, you shoot a lot of tape
and then someone else edits it to dust. Still, there were some
useful and interesting things put on tape, and if they opt to
include it in the DVD, word of both the Klingon language and the
KLI will go out to anyone buying the DVD.

It certainly was one of the highlights of *my* weekend.

Lawrence

Back to archive top level