tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jul 05 08:04:47 2003

Re: Sun?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Elijah Ravenscroft" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Saturday, July 05, 2003 12:47 AM
Subject: Re: Sun?

> this may sound stupid, but what about Hov'a' (that is, if the
> augmentative can be used according to importance and not just size),
> since it would be the biggest, brightest one visible..?

SuStel also mentioned {Hov'a'}, but just like my suggestion, it is not
canon.
I believe SuStel's point is that the original post asked for a Klingon
(canon) word for "sun", and there simply isn't one. And so the original
poster must strike out on their own, and create a combination of existing
canon elements to communicate the idea.
But one must expect another to challenge the word, or to miss the idea of
"sun" altogether, especially outside the context of the original post.
qar'a'?

--ngabwI'
HovpoH juHDaq:
http://web.tampabay.rr.com/ngabwi/