tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jul 04 23:44:59 2003

Re: Sun?

From: "Scott Willis" <[email protected]>

> SuStel nailed it, I was going to suggest {pemHov}.
> But with confidence, as members of the Institute have used this word to
> describe the sun on at least one occasion in {Hamlet}. (I realize this
does
> not canon make, but it at least gives a precedence.)

That's precisely why I isolated it from the start.  Quite simply, just
because members of the KLI happen to come up with some recognized
constructions of their own is absolutely no reason to think it's "correct."
It's a wink-wink-nudge-nudge sort of thing at best.  It may make sense, but
it's not clear that it's *right*.  Just because someone at the KLI said it
one way doesn't necessarily mean that he or she is right about it.
Everybody has his own interpretations.

SuStel
Stardate 3507.7

Back to archive top level