tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jul 04 01:30:16 2003

{ghang} (was Nonnes qui reposez)

At 10:46 PM 7/3/2003 -0700, Klingon Warrior wrote:
>I don't have the word /ghang/ in my computer program.  What does it
>mean?  I know that /ghongwI'/ means horizon, but /ghong/?

Watch your spelling (and pronunciation) - Note that {ghong} is "abuse"
(both the noun and the verb), and appears in TKD.
{ghangwI'} is the noun "horizon", which Maltz gave us with the vocabulary
for aviation a while ago.

Maybe to remember the difference:
{ghong} has the same vowel sound as {chong} ("be vertical").
{ghang} has the same vowel sound as {SaS} ("be horizontal"), and a
{ghangwI'} is a *horizon*tal line in the distance.

{ghang} is a verb that appears in the latest issue of HolQeD; You should to
subscribe to HolQeD if you don't already - the new vocabulary looks like it
is and will be fascinating :-D

The verb {ghang} may or may not be related to the word for horizon. It
would be interesting if Klingons thought of the horizon as the place where
the sky/ground was stopped (being created) prematurely.

- taD

Back to archive top level