tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jul 01 15:45:53 2003

Re: -Daq?

>From: Klingon Warrior <[email protected]>
>
>How would I say something like, "yada yada yada means yada yada yada in
>Klingon," or "...in English?"  The part I'm stuck on is the "...IN..."
>part.  I always used the suffix -Daq, but now that I know better, I'm lost.
>  I understand that to say, "Speak in Klingon" can be phrased, "tlhIngan
>Hol yIjatlh," but when the, "in Klingon," phrase IS necessary, what should
>I do?  Thanks!

There are several ways you might consider.

chay' jatlh tlhIngan "yadda yadda yadda"?

(Only a pedant will take that too literally.  You are free to attack such
people at your convenience.)

tlhIngan Hol vIjatlhDI' chay' Dochvam vIjatlh: yadda yadda yadda?

tlhIngan Hol'e' chay' Dochvam jatlhlu': yadda yadda?
("As for Klingon, how does one say yadda yadda?")

yadda yadda.  yImugh!

SuStel
Stardate 3498.5