tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jan 29 22:23:26 2003

KLBC -Pronunciation

I am working with the Klingon-CD and wonder why Gowron changes the pronounciation of nearly same written words.
Sometimes he speaks a "H" like -ch-, in Ha'DIbaH and when he says Qa' Hom it sounds like a soft "H".
Another example that irritates me: "bIjeghbe' chugh vaj bIHegh"
When he says "bIjeghbe' " it sounds like "bIjechbech" but "bIHegh" sounds like "bIchcherrrrr". Once "gh" is like -ch-, another time like -chrrrr-.
Sorry I donīt know if there is a correct way of writing phonetic script.
Is there a special grammar rule for that or do I have to accept it, as a personal dialect of Gowron?
There is no problem to know what is meant, when s.th. is written, but when I only hear it, I "see" the wrong word in my head.

baHwI'

Back to archive top level