tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jan 17 13:23:55 2003

Re: KLBC holy

On Fri, 17 Jan 2003, David Trimboli wrote:
> From: "...Paul" <[email protected]>
> However, I don't think it really fits the meaning, as /-neS/ is used to be
> polite to someone of a higher rank than you.  It isn't used to describe
> something you're talking about, but is directed at the addressee.

That's what I thought -- that it shows deference to the person being
spoken to, and nothing in the sentence itself.

It was worth a shot.  ;)

...Paul

 **        Have a question that reality just can't answer?        **
                         "taH pagh taHbe'"

Back to archive top level