tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jan 17 05:19:05 2003

Re: KLBC - snow

> I'm trying to figure out how to say "the snow outside makes me feel
> cold."
> There is peD which is a verb, in the sentence snow is a noun.  So what
> should i use?

Easy answer: use the verb!  :-)

   "Because it snows, I feel cold"
   "Because it has snowed perfectly..."
   "When it snows, it's cold."

Klingon is a language that uses many verbs, opposed to english where they
use many nouns. This can be noticed especially when people want to translate
their Computer-Desktop icons into klingon. All links refer to "program",
"device", "thing", "whatever". The klingon way to translate these would be a
description of what the program does.

Quvar
Beginners' Grammarian
  ghojwI'pu'wI' vISaH