tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jan 01 11:44:36 2003

Re: KLBC - Practice (was KLBC Translation Needed)

There are a number of things about this sentence which should be addressed,
but I'm only going to focus on one of them.

ja' "Gina Robertson" <[email protected]>:
>jItaghwI je 'ej wa'logh tlhIngan mu'ghom (really) vIlaDchoH (not sure it
>is the right suffix), tlhIngan Hol (a lot)ngeD

For the ideas of "really" and "a lot", use the emphatic suffix {-qu'}.

  {vIlaDqu'choH} "I begin to really learn it"
  {ngeDqu} "it is very easy"

Now you can say it again without using English words, and comments can be
brought to bear on the Klingon grammar.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level