tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Feb 27 15:41:20 2003

-bogh and noun-noun constructions

I was thinking about this this morning...  Can you shove a -bogh clause in
between nouns in a noun-noun construction?

Given:
nuH qun = "The history of the weapon"

Can you do:
nuH'e' Qachbogh qun = "The history of the weapon he wielded"

The second noun would be confused with the clause, I'd think ("the weapon
which history wielded")

...Paul

 **        Have a question that reality just can't answer?        **
   "Never tell people how to do things.  Tell them what to do and
   they will surprise you with their ingenuity." -- George Patton

Back to archive top level