tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Feb 12 07:03:24 2003

Re: Canon?

Quvar valer wrote:
> Maybe you can introduce yourself  (in english or klingon) or show us how
much klingon you know so far. Where are you from?
> What language resources do you have already?  Have you been thinking about
a Klingon name yet?

My real name is not betsemes of course, I prefer to keep my real name
hidden.I live in Puerto Rico. I'm 38 years old, I've being a Star Wars fan
for many years and recently I began to watch ST:TNG on DVD. For now, the
Klingons are the ST species that have attracted more my attention. I bought
TKD, KGT, Conversational Klingon, and Hamlet. I have on order ghIlghameS,
TKW (audio), and Power Klingon. I also downloaded the KLPC on pdf.

Right now I'm new to photoreading too and I'm using photoreading for
learning Klingon. I don't know whether or not I will be successful on this,
but tlhIngan Hol is a motivation strong enough to continue. tlhIngan Hol
makes little sense to me yet, so I don't have a Klingon name yet. I do know
what my real name means, it means "very prosperous", I guess my Klingon name
will be a translation of this to tlhIngan Hol or something similar unless
this is not according to Klingon spirit.

English is for me a second language in which I'm not completely fluent. So
comunicating in English could be awkward for me at times. I may grow more
fluent in Klingon than in English as time passes ;-). The time may come when
I prefer to write in Klingon rather than in English. (I don't believe it
now, but who knows?)

Back to archive top level