tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Feb 10 13:23:26 2003

Re: parmaqqay bomvaD

On Mon, Feb 10, 2003 at 09:18:19AM -0500, David Trimboli wrote:
> Erm, please be aware that "great waterland" does NOT mean "island."  I don't
> think it even comes close.  This is one concept we just don't have the
> vocabulary for.
I don't have my copy of KGT in front of me, but didn't it include a
word for "continent" in its discussion of the geographic subdivisions of
Kronos?  If so, perhaps that word plus -Hom would be a reasonable gloss of
"island"?

--marqoS

Back to archive top level