tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Feb 10 10:02:32 2003

tlhonmey (was RE: parmaqqay bomvaD )

ghItlh DloraH:

>How does tlhonmey stretch grammar?

Oddly, a related conversation took place during lunch one day at qep'a'
chorghDIch when a group of Americans and Germans found themselves in a
restaurant where the proprieters and staff only spoke French. One of the
items on the menu (which was also in French) was some kind of salad that
contained the word "tlon" which at the time struck me as far too close to
Klingon <<tlhon>>. Much hilarity ensued as we discussed how one could prepare
nostril salad, particularly when nostrils are basically just holes, empty
space, and if you only had the nostrils in the salad, how could you tell?

Okay, so it doesn't really address your question (others already have done
that). But I just wanted to leave you with the idea that you could have
nostrils in your food all the time, and you might not notice.

We will test this idea on Friday when we gather for the second invasion of
Farpoint.

Lawrence

Back to archive top level