tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Apr 11 15:54:21 2003

Re: Tao Te Ching Chp. 28

> [A] "What's masculine/feminine in you", "what is bright/dark,
> praiseworthy/base in you":
> Before settling for {Duj} "instincts" I considered {vay'}, {mIw}, {'ay'}
> and {qa'}:
>
>        loD vay'lIj/ loD mIwlIj/ loD 'ay'lIj/ loD qa'lI'
>        vay'lIj wov /mIwlIj wov /'ay'lIj wov /qa'lI' wov
>        etc.
>
> I'm still trying to decide which of these is best.

I had no problem understanding your use of Duj.  I read it correctly before
reading the english or your explaination.

For those that are not familiar, MO explains the use of Duj in idioms in KGT
p113-115

DloraH

Back to archive top level