tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Sep 26 07:50:20 2002

intransitives & /-moH/

DloraH:

> qaHaghmoH  "I cause you to laugh"
> The verb conglomeration (verb+suffix) is transitive, but /Hagh/ itself is
> still
> intrans.
>
> Above, with /yIchoHmoH/ we were discussing just the root word /choH/.

ok, i understand.  i think it was a bad example of /choH/ being intransitive
then, because the verb actually used is /choHmoH/.  otoh, apparently there is
some controversy about transitives with /-moH/, so on the conservative side,
*all* verbs with /-moH/ are intransitive without it.  true?
lay'tel SIvten

Back to archive top level