tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Sep 25 09:13:41 2002

Re: HIvHe yIchoHmoH!

> > >   HIvHe yIchoHmoH!   Alter the attack course
> > This is not transitive.
>
> why is this not transitive?
> the english is transitive.

Qo.  tobmeH  DIvI' Hol yIlo'Qo'.
Don't use the english.  If you need, I can list many sentences where the
english and the klingon are not the same type of structure.

> the klingon looks transitive to me.  there's a
> verb with an imperative prefix indicating an object, and there's a noun
> preceding that verb, making that noun the direct object of the verb.

There is also the -moH suffix.

Hagh - laugh (v)   Intrans, right?  It's not "laugh at (something)".

bIHagh  "you laugh"   -  intrans

qaHaghmoH  "I cause you to laugh"
The verb conglomeration (verb+suffix) is transitive, but /Hagh/ itself is still
intrans.

Above, with /yIchoHmoH/ we were discussing just the root word /choH/.

DloraH, BG

Back to archive top level