tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Sep 04 00:22:09 2002

Re: translation! too hard for my brain!

At 09:38 02-09-03 -0600, you wrote:
>I am cuious if there is some way to translate the sentance "You're nothing
>but a second-rate, trying hard copycat!" into Klingon. Normally I'd try to
>do it myself and THEN check if it is accurate but this one is too hard for
>my pea-sized brain! I can barely say something as basic is "I want to kill
>you" ;)
>
>Hm me thinks me needs to sit down with my Klingon Dictionary and bloody
>memorize every friggin page.

Absolutely.   But don't memorize them photographically.  Memorize the
affixes and concepts in the grammar section, then memorize the vocabulary
in the other section.  And then you'll be half way to speaking
Klingon.  The rest is practice, to build all the cross references in your
brain.

Really.

Back to archive top level