tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Oct 28 21:32:09 2002

-ngan Suffix

nuqneH.

This is my first message to the list.  The Klingon dictionary I ordered
hasn't yet arrived, so I thought, for now, I would ask about something I've
seen in my previous reading.

Is the -ngan suffix intended only for planetary residence, or is it a more
general term?  That is, would it be proper to refer to someone as, for
instance, amerIqangan? (Aside from the ugly transliteration question.)  I
know this is getting a bit ahead of things, but until my dictionary arrives
I won't be able to start asking about more basic grammar.

For the moment, call me maQ.