tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Oct 28 14:51:57 2002

Re: Oooooooooo.....blarp

DloraH:
> > jIbuy'qu'.  Chinese Soj.
>
>About four years ago at a convention with MO I said that line, and MO replied
>with something like:  Hmmm, No.  You might be able to say that your
>stomach is
>full, but you wouldn't say that YOU are full.

So, one says {buy'qu' burghwIj} "My stomach is really full" or {burghwIj
vIbuy'moHqu'} "I really filled up my stomach", qar'a'?

For reference, we also have {ghoD} "stuff":

   to'baj 'uS lughoDlu'bogh tIlaj!
   Accept these stuffed tobbaj legs! PK

   Ho'Du'lIjDaq to'baj 'uSHom lughoDlu'bogh tu'lu'.
   You have some stuffed tobbaj leg in your teeth. PK

{teb} "fill":

   HIvje' tIn yIteb!
   Fill a large glass! PK

   The person taking the order is, in this case, called ... a {tebwI'}
   ("filler"), presumably because he or she fills a platter ({'elpI'})
    with the requested food.  (KGT 102)

and, at the end of the meal, {poq} "indigestion"!

Hmm... I wonder if {teb} is generally used instead of
*{buy'moH}?  Grammatically, it's much simpler.  {burghwIj vItebpu'} "I've
filled up my stomach".

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons