tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Oct 16 17:50:28 2002

Re: Klingon WOTD: jornub (n)

>Listed in KE side of KGT only.

In the other direction, "warhead" is spelled {jorneb}.  And, as noted, the
text calls it {jorneb} as well, giving that spelling a majority over
{jornub}.  I'll understand if someone says {jornub}, but I'll always use
{jorneb} myself.

>KGT p. 57.  The warhead of the torpedo is called its {jorneb} (which seems
>to contain the verb {jor} ["explode"] but is not otherwise analyzable).

More recent information gives us the noun {neb} "beak, bill".

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level