tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Nov 03 17:33:04 2002

Re: KLBC

>You have a typo in {SuqmeH}, but otherwise this sentence is >grammatically
>corect.
Typical.  *kicks self*

>Now, we could discuss if a child can "acquire, obtain, get" a mother. >I
>think not, because this sounds like the child has never had a mother
>before.
Well...I thought there might be something wrong with that verb.  I had just
gotten the dictionary that moment, and had been lurking long enough to
overhear the discussion, and the book practically fell open to a possible
solution.

>I suggest the verb {tay'} "be together", or {tlhej} "accompany, be >with",
>to say "the baby cries to be with(/ to accompany its mother".

Sounds reasonable.

maQ